Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sun Shadz

   Sun Shadz is a brand new product from MoniMay Inc.  Sun Shadz was developed by Monica May Sanders.  Monica is an expert hair colorist, based in Arizona.  She has been recognized in Vogue, Seventeen, and Cut & Style.
  Sun Shadz is a mineral powder that was developed to protect scalps naturally from the rays of the sun.  It provides SPF 15 protection using natural products like rice powder, zinc oxide, silica and orange peel oil.  Sun Shadz can also act a dry shampoo, by absorbing the oil that weighs down hair between washes.  I loved the applicator for Sun Shadz.  It looks similar to a makeup brush and made applying the powder very easy!
   I was excited to try Sun Shadz for my son and daughter.  They like to play outside, and they both have very light hair.  When it was applied, the powder made their hair look dusty.  I tried using less, but to achieve a good level, of coverage the powder always made their hair look dusty.  I also tested this out with swimming, and the water washed out the powder.  So this wouldn't be the best product to use for swimming or any aquatic activities.  I think for only 15 SPF and the dusty look, I will continue to use a liquid sun screen applied to their hairline and hair parts for outside activities. 

    I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment